Carbon monoxide leak: 1 dead, dozens hospitalized in New York – CNN.com


(CNN) — A restaurant manager died and 27 other people were hospitalized after carbon monoxide poisoning at a restaurant in New York, authorities said Sunday.

Police and emergency crews rushed to the mall in Huntington Station on Saturday night following reports that a woman collapsed in the basement of Legal Sea Foods.

Once they arrived, they felt dizzy as well, and determined it was carbon monoxide poisoning, Suffolk County Police said in a statement.

“Police evacuated the restaurant and found the manager, Steven Nelson, 55, of Copiague, unconscious in the basement,” the statement said. “He was transported to Huntington Hospital where he was pronounced dead.”

via Carbon monoxide leak: 1 dead, dozens hospitalized in New York – CNN.com.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s